- The award is designated for a person in industry, or a physician/surgeon. The award will be given to an individual, not to a company.
- The award will be granted for a significant, long-term scientific or technological contribution to the field of surgical endoscopy. One person may not receive the award twice, as it is for a body of work as opposed to an individual achievement.
- The award will not be given every year, but bestowed when the Board determines a worthy nominee. It is intended for those whose efforts have substantively changed and improved the field of endoscopy.
- Past Winners:
- 1995: Karl Storz
- 1997: Bob Quint
- 1999: Robert Anderson
- 2001: William Chang and Richard Newman
- 2002: Kurt Semm, MD
- 2003: Basil Hirshowitz
- 2004: George Berci, MD
- 2005: Jeffrey Ponsky, MD
- 2006: Gregory Stiegmann, MD
- 2007: John Abele
- 2008: Gerald Marks, MD
- 2009: Robert Croce
- 2011: Haruhiro Inoue, MD
- 2012: Leon Hirsch and Turi Josefsen
- 2013: Joel Leroy, MD
The Award is designated for a person in industry or a physician/surgeon.
Fill out the form below or contact Ms. Viera Ewell in the SAGES office (Phone: 310-437-0544 x104, Fax: 310-437-0585).