Generously funded through an unrestricted educational grant from W.L. Gore & Associates
- The award is designated for a surgeon who is within five years of completion of training and no more that 15 years into their career.
- The purpose of this scholarship is to optimize one’s impact in the medical industry so they can deliver sustainable results driven by their greatest capabilities and purpose as a leader by exposing one SAGES member to the leading minds in leadership development, strategy, management, and execution.
- The scholarship will enable an individual to attend a five-day program that will push the way they think deeply about change within themselves, their organization as a high potential leader in the medical world.
- The scholarship will provide for the expenses (i.e. room/board, transportation and the cost of the course) up to $8,000 for the award winner to attend a leadership program at a Recommended Academic Institution (list will be provided).
- The winner will be chosen by the SAGES Awards Committee based on merit and their desire to attend. The Applicant must submit the following:
- One-page essay on why you wish to apply for this award/grant
- Current abbreviated CV
- Past winners include:
- 2011: Brent Matthews, MD
- 2012: Daniel Jones, MD
- 2013: Paresh Shah, MD
The applicant must be a SAGES Active member; a surgeon who is within five years of completion of training and no more that 15 years into their career.
Fill out the form below or contact Ms. Viera Ewell in the SAGES office (Phone: 310-437-0544 x104, Fax: 310-437-0585).
You must be logged in to use this form.