Generously funded through an unrestricted educational grant from W.L. Gore & Associates
- The award is designated for a surgeon who is less than 15 years from the completion of their residency or fellowship.
- The purpose of this scholarship is to optimize one’s impact in the medical industry so they can deliver sustainable results driven by their greatest capabilities and purpose as a leader by exposing one SAGES member to the leading minds in leadership development, strategy, management, and execution.
- The scholarship will enable an individual to attend a five-day program that will push the way they think deeply about change within themselves, their organization as a high potential leader in the medical world.
- The scholarship will provide for the expenses (i.e. room/board, transportation and the cost of the course) up to $8,000 for the award winner to attend a leadership program at a Recommended Academic Institution (list will be provided).
- The winner will be chosen by the SAGES Awards Committee based on merit and their desire to attend. The Applicant must submit the following:
- One-page essay on why you wish to apply for this award/grant
- Current abbreviated CV
- Past winners include:
- 2011: Brent Matthews, MD
- 2012: Daniel Jones, MD
- 2013: Paresh Shah, MD
- 2014: Dmitry Oleynikov, MD
- 2015: Danielle Walsh, MD
The applicant must be a SAGES Active member; a surgeon who is less than 15 years from the completion of their residency or fellowship.
Fill out the form below or contact Ms. Viera Ewell in the SAGES office (Phone: 310-437-0544 x104, Fax: 310-437-0585).
You must be logged in to use this form.