- The Award is designated for an endoscopic surgeon (individual) who is a member of SAGES.
- The Award will be granted for a significant, long-term educational, research, clinical and/or technological contribution to the field of surgical endoscopy as well as to SAGES.
- Nominations may come from SAGES committee & Board members only, not full membership.
- Past winners include:
- Gerald Marks, MD (1997); William Wolff, MD (1998); George Berci, MD (1999); Jeff Ponsky, MD (2000); Kenneth Forde, MD (2001); John Coller, MD (2002); Greg Stiegmann, MD (2003); Frederick Greene, MD (2004); Thomas Dent, MD (2005); Bruce MacFadyen, MD (2006); Desmond Birkett, MD (2007); Barry Salky, MD (2008); Lee Swanstrom, MD (2009); Nathaniel Soper, MD (2010); Gerald Fried, MD (2011); Bruce Schirmer, MD (2012); David Rattner, MD (2013); Steven Wexner, MD (2014); Daniel Deziel, MD (2015)
- Steven Schwaitzberg, MD (2016)
The Award is designated for an endoscopic surgeon who is a member of SAGES
Fill out the form below or contact Ms. Viera Ewell in the SAGES office (Phone: 310-437-0544 x104, Fax: 310-437-0585).
You must be a SAGES member and logged in to fill out this application